Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An Amazing Time of Growth

Sara is officially nine weeks pregnant now! She has been a trooper through all of the morning sickness, not to mention, the afternoon and evening sickness as well. The speedy growth of the baby is also wearing her down during the day. I have felt bad for her as she goes through this but I like to search for a silver lining. Other than the obvious reason of a baby growing inside of her; I've enjoyed this first trimester because of her crazy food cravings. It's nothing too shocking like pickle juice and peanut butter, but the craving of greasy foods, i.e. burgers, pizza, and mexican have really made for some interesting grocery runs at 11 pm.

We went at 7 weeks and heard our baby's heart beat. It was amazing, I was frozen with amazement when I first saw the heartbeat on the ultrasound screen and then to hear it brought me to tears. I cannot wait to be a dad.

Last Tuesday, at 8 weeks Sara went back for another ultrasound and the baby's heart rate was 144 beats per minute! I wasn't able to go but Sara's mom was there with her, I know she enjoyed that.

Right now it's just helping Sara stay comfortable and keeping her stomach settled. Keep praying for us and the baby!

No comments: