Sunday, August 31, 2008

10 = 6.2 = 51 mins 17 secs


It is 1:54 am and I am nearing the end of my cool down from my first 10k race. I was part of Nike's 10k Race for the Human Race. It was a great experience, although, I'm not happy with my time but if you were to subtract the time during which I had to make a pit stop with an upset stomach, it might look more like 46 mins. I may not be happy with the time but I am very satisfied with my effort. I'm looking forward continuing to train for more races and also my first triathlon some time next year. I remember how much fun it was waiting for my Dad to finish a race one Saturday morning in Waynesboro, VA long ago. I had no idea what place he came in or what his time was but I remember being so proud to be his son as he crossed the finish line. And now, as I look back I don't recall a time in the last 26.67 years where I haven't been proud to be his son.


Dad, as Gabriella gets older and we have more children, I can't wait to follow in your footsteps.

1 comment:

Justin, Buffy, Madelyn and Drew said...

Stephen!
What do you mean "I am not happy with my time!"??? That is excellent time..especially with an upset stomach!! :-) That's great! Congratulations on your first 10K! See you tomorrow night for the BIG ORANGE KICKOFF!! Don't forget the lucky Sunkist!

Buffy