Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nesting...

It's official, we have begun what I can only assume is the nesting process! It all started with a visit to the OB. We went to the doctor on the 22nd for our 31 week appointment and another 3D ultrasound. Once again, we got good reports! Gabriella is growing like a weed and now weighs in at 4 lb, 8oz! Based on her measurements alone, the due date would actually be pushed up two more weeks! However, our official due date is still the same, we "expect" her to be here just before Christmas.

Everything else is looking great as well. Mommy is growing too with an added 17 pounds so far. (I can't believe I just admitted that so freely!) I am still anemic despite the two supplements I currently take. The OB added a third, so my poor stomach might not feel so great for a while! It's definitely worth it though, I'm really in the home stretch!
After our appointment, it dawned on both Stephen and I that Gabriella could realistically come anytime in December, especially with the way she's growing! We went straight to the furniture store (after the bank!) and paid off the balance on her crib and changing table. Thanks to some help from dad, we got it home that day and set it all up before the night was through! It actually feels like a nursery now. We still have several more items on our to-do list, but we are getting close. It's amazing how much a tiny baby needs! We were so overwhelmed at first, but thanks to so many wonderful people, we are getting the things we need.


More is soon to come...

Sara

1 comment:

Justin, Buffy, Madelyn and Drew said...

Oh yeah!! Gabriella has a crib!! I can't to come over and see everything (including the wardrobe!) in person. Your picture looks great!