Monday, December 15, 2008

Sara = MSN

On Friday December 12th, at 1:00pm, Sara Danielle Deel graduated from the University of Tennessee with a Master's degree in Nursing.

I'm sure everybody is sick of reading me go on and on about how proud I am of Sara, but, it was a big day for her and I feel it is my duty to bring you news of it. We are so thankful for the strength the Lord blessed Sara with during the last two and a half years and especially the last nine months. Hours of studying Anatomy and Physiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, etc. Hours and hours of clinicals and for the last nine months doing them carrying our daughter Gabriella in her belly. I know she's happy for no more of the school stuff and only a little longer of carrying Gabriella around kangaroo style.

After the ceremony we went out to celebrate. It was a very special evening because we were celebrating Sara's academic achievement and it was also our last date night for a while. Regas Restaurant was deemed worthy of such an occasion with low lighting, the warm fire, and the little tray of bacon, almonds, and crumbled blue cheese for your salad. Dinner was great but before I get too carried away talking about food, I will change directions.


Sara, you've worked very hard over the last 30 months and it is no secret that I am proud of you. But what makes this so special and meaningful to me is how you did it. You did it while staying committed to me and our family every step of the way. Even though at times your work seemed daunting and I could tell it was taking a toll on you, I never felt as if I had taken a backseat to your ambition. I know a lot of the people you graduated with achieved success at the expense of not having a life and not having time for family. Not only was it the norm but it actually seemed expected. I laughed out loud when one of the speakers instructed the graduates in several ways to go out and enjoy a social life now. Has she seen your belly? I guess I just married a maverick.

By the way, even Dakota thinks that lady is funny. And he's proud of you too.

Stephen




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, it's tuesday, the 17th, and we are trying to wait patiently for gabriella. stephen your comments and pictures are so sweet and so cute. your really good at posting them. sara, you know how proud we are of you and how excited we are for the both of you for your future ahead. we love you both. mom and dad worley