Friday, May 7, 2010

Catching up (part 3): BABY!!!

Baby announcements are always exciting, but we think ours is especially so;)

Back in October, we decided that I would pay a visit to my OB just to see what she anticipated as far as the process of getting pregnant again. For those who don't know, we (I guess 'I') had to undergo treatment in order to conceive with Ella. After looking back over my records and lab tests, she informed me that things looked about the same as they did before Ella and to expect to take the same path. She actually told me it might be a little more difficult this time around...

So, long story short, I went through the first round of treatment. Afterwards, the nurse called me and informed me that my levels looked pretty rough. Basically, the meds didn't do a thing! I asked her if there was ANY chance I could get pregnant this round. She said 'none'. We were obviously disappointed, but knew it would most likely take several months.

A few weeks went by and I just randomly decided to take a pregnanct test. I'd like to say I had some gut instinct, but I'm not sure. Well, needless to say, I was floored when it read positive! Oh, did I mention I was at work?!? haha I went to Stephen's work after I got off and picked up Ella. I can't even relate how much fun it was to tell him! He was even more shocked than me, if that's possible!

Anyhow, we were certainly cautious at first. I knew my levels weren't good, but we just had peace about it all. We went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and baby's heart was just strong as can be. What a beautiful sound! Don't you just love when our God proves doctors and medicine wrong?

No comments: