Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bringing Harper home

We tried our best to prepare Ella for the arrival of a baby sister. We just weren't sure a 1 1/2 year old could understand. Shortly after Harper arrived, Ella came running into the hospital room holding a balloon and flowers. I almost lost it! I guess I was on emotional over-drive anyway, but just seeing her sweet face made me cry!

Stephen was holding Harper and I asked Ella: what's Daddy holding?
Ella: baby
Me: do you know who that baby is?
Ella: HARPER!

Then she ran over to him and gave Harper a kiss!
So I guess we underestimated her:)

While I do think she was fully expecting a baby named Harper to come out someday, I'm not so sure she realized that Harper was coming home with us. To stay. She gave us looks like this a lot that first week:

She wasn't too sure about all that crying:)
She adjusted quickly, especially when she found out she could hold her. "Happy Birthday to you!" I guess cake and the birthday song aren't too exciting when you're a few days old;)

Now, she's excited;)

Some visitors: (we had lots, but I didn't remember to take many pictures)
First bath:



Naptime:

No comments: