Saturday, July 31, 2010

36 weeks


So here's the belly at 36 weeks....whew! I'm amazed at how unbelievably HEAVY I feel right now! I just keep saying, "there's no way I can make it much longer!" But I think every pregnant woman says that at some point and it really doesn't predict anything:)
I went to the Ob at 34 weeks for a growth ultrasound. Harper was measuring 5lbs, 14 oz at that point. I realize that these estimates aren't always accurate, but they were EXACTLY right with Gabriella, so I'm putting some weight in them this time. At this point in the pregnacy, babies grow (again, estimate) about 1/2 to 3/4 pound per week....so, do the math! Harper should be in the 8-9 pound range when she makes her arrival. No surprise there as Ella was 8lb,11 oz at 39 weeks.
We will plan on induction at 39 weeks should she decide not to come on her own. I'm hoping not to get to that point, but will willingly induce if need be. I had way to much trouble and....well, trauma! with Ella being so large and coming so fast. A more 'controlled' delivery might not be so bad:)
Looks like the countdown is at 3 weeks or less! The nesting instinct has kicked in despite my complete lack of energy:) The nursery furniture is in place, as is the bassinet in our bedroom for the first few weeks or so. Ella's tiny newborn clothes are out, sorted, washed and ready. That's been the hardest part! Stephen and I have found ourselves in the middle of a huge pile of Ella's old things just looking at them and talking about all the memories over the past 19 months! Hard to believe Ella is so big already, and that we are getting ready to do this again! I am so humbled to see how the Lord has truely, truely blessed our little family.
Our cup runneth over...

No comments: